IVS is THE Summer School Destination
Illinois Virtual School is the perfect way to keep your students on track during the summer months. Whether students want to take enrichment courses, required core courses to make room in their high school schedule or recover credit to stay on track for graduation, IVS is THE Summer School destination.
IVS’ web-based system makes it easy for students to complete coursework anywhere there is a computer with Internet access.
Summer Course Solutions
- Full Service courses meet state and national standards, are are taught by highly qualified, Illinois licensed teachers, and are NCAA approved. These courses are only $225 per semester course.
- Credit Recovery courses utilize prescriptive pretests to generate an individual learning plan to mastery. Teacher Managers monitor student progress and grade key activities. Each Credit Recovery course is only $85.
- Middle School Series offers recovery, skill building, and full service courses to meet Middle School needs. Our Middle School Series includes:
- Learning Recovery - self-paced, teacher managed skill building courses designed to help students with knowledge and skill deficiency. Learning Recovery helps students stay on track towards high school.
- Bridge - self-paced, teacher managed skill building courses targeting students during the summer months to help them prepare for the next grade level.
- Full Service - full semester courses led by an Illinois licensed teacher and aligned to state and national standards.
Summer Term Dates
April 12 - August 9 (17 Week Session)
May 3 - August 16 (15 Week Session)
June 7 - August 16 (10 Week Session)
June 21 - August 16 (8 Week Session)
Download Summer Course Listing
Credit Recovery students and Middle School students taking Learning Recovery and/or Bridge courses can select their own start date during the summer and have 12 weeks to complete the course.
Join the IVS Mailing List
Complete our Request for More Information Form if you would like to be contacted by IVS with information about the program and its courses.
Ready to Get Started?
- New Students - Visit our New Students - Getting Started page to learn more about how new students can create their IVS account.
- Returning Students - Students should request the course in time for the school to approve the request. Schools can also directly enroll students into IVS courses.
- New Schools - Visit our Become a Partner School page and fill out a Partner Packet to get started!