Advice for Supporting Your Student
Below are tips to support your student before the online class starts, during, and until the course is completed:
- Set up a study space, including the technology required
- Review the course syllabus and pacing chart with your student
- Help build online fluencies, e.g. creating and saving documents in different formats, creating folders and saving to those folders, etc.
- See that your student establishes a routine
- Help your student maintain a regular study schedule
- Check your email regularly to maintain communication with IVS Instructor
- Monitor your student’s progress weekly using your access to the IVS Student Information System.
For help monitoring student progress, please use the following resource: