Join Our Team!
.Illinois Virtual School (IVS) exists to expand the access and opportunity of online learning to middle and high school students across Illinois. Our dedication and passion for inspiring, motivating, and supporting students are shared among all of our team members. Our organization continues to grow and we invite you to grow with us. We encourage you to explore other benefits to joining our IVS family.
IVS is committed to equal employment opportunities throughout all levels and departments within the organization.
Application Process for Potential Online Instructors
IVS requires all interested instructor applicants to complete the online course "IVS Teacher Interest Course" before an application can be submitted.
To enroll and apply:
- If you do not already have an IVS-PD account, create one in our IVS-PD SIS at https://pd.ilvirtual.org/.
- In the PD SIS, request the available section of IVS Teacher Interest Course
Note: This course is free. When you request the course, you will automatically be enrolled in the course. You will get an email that says you need to log in and pay the course fee. Please ignore this auto-generated email.
If you experience issues enrolling, please email Danielle Lewis at [email protected]
- You will be able to access this course within 12-24 hours after enrolling in it. You will complete four units in this course.
- Submit your information in the IVS Teaching Application and upload your resume and references in the dropbox, which will be available to you in the Conclusion unit after completing all lessons.
Note: You will NOT earn any PD Clock Hours for completion of this initial step in our hiring process. You can earn ISBE PD Clock Hours by completing ny of our courses.
Please be patient! When a teaching position is needed, applicants will be selected from the pool of instructors that have completed the IVS Teacher Interest course and added information to the IVS Teacher Application. Online interviews will then be scheduled for selected applicants. Candidates must hold an active Illinois Teaching License (IL residency is not required).
Employment and Compensation
The Peoria County Regional Office of Education 48 is the fiscal agent for IVS. Employment is reported to TRS. When a teacher is hired, he/she must:
- be fingerprinted at the Peoria County ROE #48 (even if completed at other schools), and
- register teaching license with Peoria County ROE #48.