Join Our Team!
.Illinois Virtual School (IVS) exists to expand the access and opportunity of online learning to middle and high school students across Illinois. Our dedication and passion for inspiring, motivating, and supporting students are shared among all of our team members. Our organization continues to grow and we invite you to grow with us. We encourage you to explore other benefits to joining our IVS family.
IVS is committed to equal employment opportunities throughout all levels and departments within the organization.
Application Process for Potential Online Instructors
IVS requires all interested instructor applicants to complete the online course "Teaching Online 101: Teaching in an Online Learning Model" before an application can be submitted.
To enroll and apply:
- Complete an IVS-PD account at https://pd.ilvirtual.org/.
- Register and enroll in the open section of Teaching Online 101: Teaching in an Online Learning Model.
Note: Interested applicants can use the following code to "pay" the $50 course fee: 101TeachIVS
If you experience issues enrolling, please email Danielle Lewis at [email protected]
Help guides are available for creating an account and registering for a course at the IVS Help Center.
- Complete the IVS Teaching Application, which will be available to you at the end of the course after completing all lessons and assessments.
Please be patient! When a teaching position is needed, applicants will be selected from the pool of instructors that have completed the Teaching Online 101 course. Online interviews will then be scheduled for selected applicants. Candidates must hold an active Illinois Teaching License (IL residency is not required).
Employment and Compensation
The Peoria County Regional Office of Education 48 is the fiscal agent for IVS. Employment is reported to TRS. When a teacher is hired, he/she must:
- be fingerprinted at the Peoria County ROE #48 (even if completed at other schools), and
- register teaching license with Peoria County ROE #48.