Per the Illinois State Board of Education, Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs strengthen students’ technical skills, help students meet Illinois Learning Standards, and close achievement gaps. The State officially recognizes five Career Programs in the areas of: Agriculture, Business, Marketing & Computer Education, Family and Consumer Science, Health Science and Technology & Engineering.
The Career Programs at IVS are open to all students and meet all ISBE requirements.These pathways are intended to help high school students round out their academic programs to increase their options after high school either in higher education or the workforce. Data shows that taking even one CTE course in high school can increase chances of graduation, continuation to college and/or placement into a higher skill (and higher paying) job.
IVS Career Program Articulations:
- Introduction to Agriculture* (Semesters 1 and 2)
- Agriscience (Semesters 1 and 2)*
- Veterinary Science
Business, Marketing & Computer Education
- Computer Concepts and Software Applications*
- Accounting (Semesters 1 and 2)
- Beginning Programming (Semesters 1 and 2)
- Intermediate Programming (Semesters 1 and 2)
Non-Program CTE Courses
- Parenting* (Family and Consumer Science)
- Orientation to Health Occupations* (Health Science)