Middle School Series
IVS offers two course options for Middle School students to help meet specific middle school needs. Our Middle School Series includes Full Service Courses and Bridge courses.
Middle School Series courses follow the same registration and payment procedures as all Full Service/Original Credit courses.
Full Service Courses
The Middle School Full Service Courses are full semester course options taught by Illinois licensed teachers. Students can be enrolled in one of our Full Service Start Dates scheduled throughout the year.
The Middle School catalog includes English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies courses. The following courses are available in the middle school series:
- English Language Arts for Grade 6
- English Language Arts for Grade 7
- English Language Arts for Grade 8
- Mathematics for Grade 6
- Pre-Algebra (Grade 7 or 8)
- Algebra 1 (Coded for High School)
Note: The grade notations next to the course name is the common sequencing of courses per grade level, but a student may enroll in any course. For example, a 7th grade student may enroll in the Physical Science course(s).
- Ancient World History (Grade 6)
- US History (Grade 7)
- US History: Civics and Government (Grade 8)
- Life Science (Grade 6)
- Human Biology (Grade 6)
- Astronomy (Grade 7)
- Earth Science (Grade 7)
- Physical Science 1 (Grade 8)
- Physical Science 2 (Grade 8)
Summer Enrollment Only
IVS Bridge courses are designed to support all students in rising to the expectations established by the Illinois Learning Standards. With content developed specifically for the Standards, courses in Math and English Language Arts are used to deliver grade-level instruction and provide intervention and remediation.
- English Language Arts - Grades 6, 7, and 8
- Math - Grades 6, 7, and 8