F.O.R.T: Providing Effective Feedback
In the online world, one of the most important things you do as an instructor is to provide feedback on student work. Feedback is critical to student learning. The feedback that you give to students will be the main avenue through which students evaluate their progress, successes, and failures. In this course, you will discover different feedback strategies and the appropriate actions you may integrate to offer feedback to your students efficiently. The strategies explored may also help improve time management, increase learner engagement, and foster positive communications with your online learners.
This self-paced, online course consists of reading, viewing videos and presentations, and completing a course reflection. You will have opportunities to reflect on your own teaching practices and possibly share with others in a discussion board. This course may be taken individually or part of the entire five-course Fundamentals of Online and Remote Teaching series. To learn more about the entire series, visit our Online Courses for Educators webpage.
- You will explore different methods of personalizing feedback to students in a timely manner.
- You will explore best practices in specific feedback to improve student success.
- You will analyze the effects of positive and negative feedback and tone on students.
- You will examine the components of quality feedback.
- You will learn how to develop your own feedback bank as a means to communicate with your online learners.
This course is aligned with the National Standards for Quality Online Teaching (NSQ).
Intended Audience: K-12 teachers/instructors interested in teaching remote and/or online.
Length: You select your start date and have one month to complete this course.
PD Clock Hours: 5 hrs
Illinois Virtual School, through the Peoria County ROE #48, is an approved PD Provider with the Illinois State Board of Education.
How to Enroll in IVS-PD
- Log into our IVS-PD system with your IVS-PD username and password.
Note: If you are new to IVS-PD and do not have an account, click the Apply Now option. Creating an account is a two-part process. Both parts must be completed before you can enroll.
- Request the course.
- Pay the course fee through the ledger. Once the course fee is paid, you will be enrolled in the course.
There is a 12-24 hour delay between the time you are enrolled in the course after paying the course fee to the time you can access the course.
For more details and links to help guides, please visit "How to Enroll in IVS-PD"