F.O.R.T: Time Management
How should online teachers allocate their time to increase student learning? Are there behaviors online teachers should focus more than others? This course will introduce you to proven time management strategies that allow you to invest time in the teaching tasks having the greatest impact on student learning. Your final task in the course will be to prepare a weekly time management schedule you can use when you teach online.
This self-paced, online course consists of reading, viewing videos and presentations, and completing a course reflection. You will have opportunities to reflect on your own teaching practices and possibly share with others in a discussion board. This course may be taken individually or part of the entire five-course Fundamentals of Online and Remote Teaching series. To learn more about the entire series, visit our Online Courses for Educators webpage.
- You will explore different teacher tasks related to online learning.
- You will learn to analyze, plan, and prioritize your work and personal time.
- You will evaluate the purpose, strategies, and promising practices of time management priorities in online teaching.
- You will develop a personal time management plan for implementation in your course.
This course is aligned with the National Standards for Quality Online Teaching (NSQ).
Intended Audience: K-12 teachers/instructors interested in teaching remote and/or online.
Length: You select your start date and have one month to complete this course.
PD Clock Hours: 5 hrs
Illinois Virtual School, through the Peoria County ROE #48, is an approved PD Provider with the Illinois State Board of Education.
How to Enroll in IVS-PD
- Log into our IVS-PD system with your IVS-PD username and password.
Note: If you are new to IVS-PD and do not have an account, click the Apply Now option. Creating an account is a two-part process. Both parts must be completed before you can enroll.
- Request the course.
- Pay the course fee through the ledger. Once the course fee is paid, you will be enrolled in the course.
There is a 12-24 hour delay between the time you are enrolled in the course after paying the course fee to the time you can access the course.
For more details and links to help guides, please visit "How to Enroll in IVS-PD"